This is a fun class for children to develop basic music skills while exploring the keyboard. Students will learn to play simple songs on the piano, as well as learn the fundamentals of note reading. This class, best for those who have had little to no piano instruction in the past, will incorporate listening games, singing, translating rhythms, and some coloring worksheets!
Course Goals: By the end of this class, your child may be better equipped to:
- Interact and adjust in social situations
- Follow instructions and develop a basic practice routine at home
- Understand and recognize patterns
- Develop a basic sense of rhythm and pitch (identify high, middle, and low ranges of notes)
- Develop basic musical literacy (translating rhythms, basic note reading)
- Strengthen fine motor skills (using fingers independently and gaining better control of the hands)
- Explore private instruction
Age Group: This class is best for children between the ages of 5 and 6 years old.
- Spring 2024 classes will meet once a week on Tuesdays beginning February 13th going through April 23rd (10 weeks) from 3:30 to 4:15pm
- No prior experience required
- Having a keyboard, piano, or toy keyboard to practice on at home will be extremely helpful for the student, but is not required
Instructor: Dr. Allyson Eskitch