Group Violin for Beginners
Course Goals: By the completion of this course, students may be better equipped to:
- Develop basic musical literacy (translating rhythms, read music)
- Play a variety of basic pieces on the violin, both on their own and in varying groups (duos, trios)
- Focus and develop self-discipline by integrating practice into their home routines
- Strengthen fine motor skills
- Explore private instruction or play in a school orchestra/ensemble
Age Group: This class is intended for children between the ages of 7 and 10 years old. Depending on enrollment, class may be split into 2 age groups.
Class instances: No class offered at this time (Spring 2024). If you are interested in Group Violin, please let us know. Minimum number of enrollment for a group class must be 4 people.
- No prior experience required!
- It will be helpful for students to have an instrument to practice on at home between sessions. If needed, violin rental is available at $25/mo.
Instructor: Robin Smith